This Tips is created based on OSF II and T-Mobile Vivacity Phones
1. Download the USB Drive and QPST File and extract the rare file.
2. Go to “01 USB Drive” directory and install the USB drive (Handset_USB_Driver.exe)
3. Go to “02 QPST2.7_366” directory and install the QPST application (Setup.exe)
4. Make sure that your phone is in “FMT” Mode.
5. Switch off you phone and Remove the battery and then Put the battery back, then press “Power button and volume down key “together and hold until you see “FTM” on your screen.
6. Connect your phone to the computer and wait for 10 sec to computer to identify.
7. Now, launch “QPST Configuration “application (start Menu -> QPST -> QPST Configuration).
8. Check whether the Server is running or Not, If not running, then start the server by selecting the Server menu. Refer the below image.
9. If the Ports are empty like above image, then you need to add the ports by clicking “Add New Port” Button.
10. Select “USB/QC Diagnostic” from the Available Port List and press OK.
11. Now you can see the Port List as per below screenshot
12. Select “Start Clients” Menu and click the “Software Download” option. This will open a QPST Software Download window.
13. Select “Backup” Tab and Browse the File location where you want to save the configuration backup. And click the “Start” Button to start the backup.
For Restore: Select “Restore” on the utility, then find the “QCN” file you saved and restore it. (Enable “Allow phone /file ESN Mismatch “if required, I enabled for my phone to restore my configuration).